Marooned on an overgrown planet choked with forest and wildlife, you’re forced to hack out your existence by the sharpness of your axe. No people live here, no civilization. Only you, woodland animals, and other things lurking just outside the edges of your perception. Creatures of legend and folklore, their shapes dart between the darkened trees. You can’t help but tremble as their unwholesome howls fill the night.
In Fearsome Wilderness, your characters begin the game as prisoners aboard a transport spaceship who have recently awoken from long-term hibernation. In the prologue scenario, the prison transport ship crashes on a densely wooded planet inhabited by unnatural fearsome critters of American lumberjack folklore. The horror is compounded by the fact that waking up from such an extended period of hibernation can do strange things to the mind.
The free trial preview includes:
• Rules based off the Year Zero Engine OGL
• Easy character creation guides for 6 of the 16 Archetypes
• 6 pre-made character sheets
• A gamemaster section with everything the GM needs to know to run the game
• The Wilderness Map with hexagons designating Sectors to explore
• A prologue scenario which introduces players to the characters and setting
• 3 wilderness location scenarios to investigate, one of which hold clues that lead to the game’s plot twists and
• 11 of the 25 fearsome critters that players may encounter in the wilderness, each with their own unique stats,
descriptions, weaknesses, and attack styles
• 11 of the 36 interaction nightmares for players to experience, along with the full rules associated to all 8 Nightmare
Levels in the game.
• Over 50 potential projects to upgrade the character’s shelter
• Quick reference charts that can randomly generate wilderness Sectors offering unlimited possibilities
Choose your archetype, decide why you were imprisoned, pick a dark secret, settle on a name and begin your adventure. You begin with no gear. You are stranded in the wilderness and night approaches.