The Rise of Skywalker wasn’t my favorite Star Wars movie but, well, I pretty much abandoned high expectations for these movies long ago. What I’m actually struggling with is that this is the first Star Wars movie I’ve seen — perhaps the first Star Wars content I’ve seen — where I’m not really inspired to create any decks for it. For Episode VII, I added 4 decks. Rogue One, I added 4 more. For Episode VIII and Solo, I added a couple more for each. But, for Episode IX there just isn’t much new there:
- Rey: I think she is still very well captured by the Rey & BB-8 deck made after Episode VII. I might change one of BB-8’s card titles to NEVER UNDERESTIMATE A DROID.
- Kylo Ren: I like his deck the way it is and don’t feel compelled to change it. It’s not like he showed us any new, must-have tricks.
- Finn & Poe: Same. This movie actually reinforced pairing them, and not including Rose. There are probably some quotes that would make better card titles than what I’ve currently got, but I don’t feel compelled to change the deck in any way.
- General Hux: We did see a new wrinkle to his character and his deck could use a wrinkle, but I don’t think anyone really wants to play him anyways. If someone wants to add something to his deck beyond a “look at anyone’s hand” card, though, I’m all ears.
- Emperor Palpatine: He showed a new thing or 2, but not enough to come up with an entirely new deck for him. Someone else can give it a go but I’m not so inspired.
- General Pryde: I don’t see what new quotes or new moves he brings to the table. He’d just be another officer type. We already have several of those, and none of them are my favorite decks.
The one deck I might be interested in are those Jetpack Stormtroopers: Maybe a deck with 2 of these guys as the major, along with 2 standard stormies as the minor, something like that? Or perhaps we could use them as minors to Pryde. They never really appeared together but at least that way Pryde would be semi-interesting.
Any other suggestions?
Edit: Maybe the Knights of Ren? Looks like JAG is on it!