Thanks to Zolaida for the art.
Alice and Jabberwock
by Restoration Games (Rob Daviau and Justin Jacobson)
I personally haven’t been impressed by Alice thus far, but one friend thinks she’s the best. She definitely has some very powerful cards, can be a pretty solid attacker when she’s big, and a very solid defender when she’s small.
Special Ability: When you place Alice, choose whether she starts the game BIG or SMALL. When Alice is BIG, add 2 to the value of her attack cards. When Alice is SMALL, add 1 to the value of her defense cards.
Alice – 14 cards
3x I’M LATE, I’M LATE
A2D2. AFTER COMBAT: Move Alice up to 5 spaces. Change size.
2x MAD AS A HATTER
A3D3. AFTER COMBAT: Move each of your fighters up to 2 spaces. Change size.
2x LOOKING GLASS
A2D2. AFTER COMBAT: Choose 2 different effects:
– draw 2 cards
– Alice recovers 3 health
– place Alice in any other space
2x EAT ME
Move Alice up to 3 spaces. Change size.
2x DRINK ME
Draw 2 cards. Change size.
1x O FRABJOUS DAY!
A4. AFTER COMBAT: Change size.
1x SNICKER SNACK
A3. AFTER COMBAT: If you won the combat, look at your opponent’s hand and choose 1 card for them to discard. (Like Barriss Offee’s KISS OF DEATH).
1x THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MUSHROOM
A3. AFTER COMBAT: Move Alice up to 3 spaces. Change size.
Jabberwock – 4 cards
2x JAWS THAT BITE
A4. AFTER COMBAT: Deal 2 damage to any one fighter adjacent to the Jabberwock.
2x CLAWS THAT CATCH
A3. DURING COMBAT: If the opposing fighter is a hero, this card’s value is 5 instead.
Basic cards – 12 cards
A/A 2. IMMEDIATELY: Cancel all effects on your opponent’s card.
A/A 1. AFTER COMBAT: Draw 1 card. If you won the combat, draw 2 cards instead.
A/A 4. AFTER COMBAT: If you won the combat, choose one of the fighters in the combat and move them up to 2 spaces.
2x MOMENTOUS SHIFT
A/A 3. DURING COMBAT: If your fighter started this turn in a different space, this card’s value is 5 instead.
2x MAXNOME FOE
A/A 3. DURING COMBAT: Discard the top card of your deck. Add its BOOST value to this card’s value.
– LOOKING GLASS is probably the most powerful individual card in the game, and she has 2 of them. The way it’s structured opens up a lot more possibilities for cards than was ever really explored in Epic Duels. It has 3 effects including the defense, and an option of effects, which is pretty amazing.
– This deck can struggle with single turn damage output. Jabberwock can deal 6 damage in a single action, but Alice is mostly A3s and A4s, needing to use her LARGE size to turn them into A5s and A6s so she can deal enough damage before her 13 hit points run out.
– At the same, all 30 cards are combat cards. There isn’t a single scheme card in the deck. So there’s attack power there, but it’s spread out. You’re going to have to wear opponents down by leveraging your defense advantages.
– MAXNOME FOE is so far specific to Alice but I don’t see any reason another character couldn’t use it in his/her deck.
– FEINT and REGROUP appear 3 times in every deck so far.
Thanks to Michael Kutsche for the art.