Updated June 2023 with changes to 7 old decks, plus the addition of new ones.
This page is intended to make it easy to get all the Geektopia decks for Vassal, but this page is not necessarily as up-to-date as the individual deck pages.
If you have extensions prior to December 2022, you are advised to delete them and start over with the below.
This includes over 80 total extension decks plus an additional file containing 9 tweaked original decks and 4 maps from the Transformers game that we always play with, plus 5 non-Geektopia decks that we sometimes play with.
Each Vassal extension deck comes as a zip file that never needs to be unzipped, but we packed them up into 6 GeektopiaSWED zip files, each with 11-13 decks in it and each about 5.5-5.7MB (instead of one file of 25MB or more), except for the Disney files, which are a little smaller. These 6 zip files need to be unzipped, but nothing else does. For people visiting for the first time or are new to Vassal, please see the step-by-step instructions below.
1. GeektopiaSWED-Row900. Last updated in early January 2023. Canon, light side decks, unlikely to ever change again.
2. GeektopiaSWED-Row1150. Last updated in December 2022. Canon, dark side decks, unlikely to ever change again.
3. GeektopiaSWED-Row1400. Last updated in December 2022. Canon, light side decks, unlikely to ever change again.
4. GeektopiaSWED-Row1650. Last updated in June 2023. Canon, dark side decks, unlikely to change but there’s room for one more.
5. GeektopiaSWED-Row1900. Last updated in January 2023. Canon, light side decks, unlikely to change but there’s room for one more.
6. GeektopiaSWED-Row2150. Last updated in June 2023. Assorted dark side decks from canon, EU and video games. This is a small file with 5 empty slots so this may receive periodic updates.
7. GeektopiaSWED-Row2400 Last updated in June 2023. Disney decks both light and dark. Unlikely to change.
8. GeektopiaSWED-Row2650 Last updated in January 2023. Disney decks both light and dark. This may receive periodic updates.
9. GeektopiaSWED-Row2900 Added in June 2023. Disney decks both light and dark. This will get updated as new decks get added.
Geektopia Tweaks to original SWED Decks. Last updated a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.
I have no plans to add or update any pre-Disney SWED content without specific feedback from other players, but every now and then I tweak a deck.
Ext Window Architecture
All I see is a blank screen! Yo, scroll down. Rows and rows of decks starting with Row 900.
First time visiting this page or new to Vassal?
If this is your first time visiting this page, the complete package of Geektopia for Vassal is here.
If you’re new to Vassal, get started at the Wiki here, then come back when you’re ready to add extensions.
There are zip files that you will extract from, and 60+ total .zip files that you will leave as they are.
1. Ignoring the “Tweaks” file for now, download the 8 “Geektopia-SWED” zip files (SWED-Row900, SWED-Row1150, etc.) to one directory. These are the ones you will extract from. The Tweaks file will be handled separately.
2. Unzip all 8 zip files. Each zip file will contain 10 or fewer zip files named after Star Wars characters starting with Aayla-Secura.zip. DO NOT UNZIP these individual deck files. Instead, copy (or cut) and paste them to a common folder. After unzipping all 8 Geektopia-SWED files and pasting the 10 or so individual deck files to a common folder you should have 70+ individual deck files called 4-LOM-Zuckuss.zip, Aayla-Secura.zip, etc.
3. Go ahead and download the Tweaks file to the same directory where you have your individual deck files (4-LOM-Zuckuss.zip, Aayla-Secura.zip, etc.).
4. Put all 70+ deck files (all zip files) along with the Geektopia Tweaks file into your SWED3-2_ext directory.
5. Confirm that your SWED3-2_ext directory has approximately 75 .zip files in it, starting with 4-LOM-Zuckuss.zip, Aayla Secura, etc. and ending with Yoda Kashyyk.zip.
6. Start up Vassal and play the SWED3-2 module:
A. After you choose a player, you should see 4 new maps to choose from (Geektopia Tweaks file).
B. There should be a new button called “Roman’s Tweaks” with 9 tweaked original decks in it (Geektopia Tweaks file).
C. Locate the extension window. The extension window should have 80+ decks in it but they are not at the top. Scroll down to Row 900 see them all.
All decks are by Geektopia except for the ones listed below. They are included so that we can play them with our own set, just as we would live.
Cad Bane by Palamon (the 10YA version in its creator’s form)
R2-D2 by Mike Maloney (recreated)
Mara Jade by Darth Trumpetus (recreated with one tweak)
Sly Moore by Sultan (recreated with some tweaks)
The Mandalorian & Grogu by CRFR with Roman and Darth Wolverine contributing, (20YA Version in creator’s form)