THE KING OF THE DEAD
by Robert Moore
King Of The Dead
Red Melee Deck
2 Dead Soldiers
Melee Minor Deck
3x DEATH MARCH
A5. Move the King and then both Dead Men in sequential order up to 6 spaces each.
2x PHANTOM BLADE
A4. The targeted character takes 2 damage.
2x UNDEAD WARRIOR
A1*/D1*. *Add +2 to the attack or defense value of this card for each card from another player currently in your hand. Discard those cards into their appropriate discard pile.
2x ETHEREAL INSIGHT
All enemy players must reveal their hands. These cards remain face up until used. Random discards may target these cards since they are revealed.
2x THE DEAD KEEP IT
Draw 3 cards. Each card may come from the top of any draw pile, discard pile, or randomly “drawn” from any player’s hand (like a discard). Others’ cards count as part of your hand but cannot be played by you.
1x DEAD MEN OF DUNHARROW
Choose any opponent. All of that opponent’s characters take 2 damage. Add 1 to this damage for each Dead Man in play.
1. ETHEREAL INSIGHT shows you foe’s hands and makes you a great team member.
2. THE DEAD KEEP IT steals revealed cards from ETHEREAL INSIGHT or it gives you draws. Either way it powers up the next card…
3. UNDEAD WARRIOR is charged with draws by THE DEAD KEEP IT. The defensive side of UNDEAD WARRIOR is needed since you have a Red Deck. If you get a nice draw, this card maxes out at a value of 13. Highly unlikely.
Strategy Flesh Out:
1. DEATH MARCH provides some needed movement (those ghosts were fast!) and allows you to hit and run or leap frog to another target like ATHLETIC SURGE.
2. THE DEAD KEEP IT allows you to even mix the place you get your cards, not necesarily drawing them all from the same pile/hand.
3. The DEAD MEN OF DUNHARROW could do 4 DD against all of a foe’s characters if you get it early enough in the game. Definitely an incentive to kill off the King’s two minors. Without your minors, the card is just a Hasbro WRATH. On average, it will equal Aragorn’s ARMY OF THE DEAD, which is basically what this card is anyway.